It’s been a while since we’ve posted here, but we have a new tutorial for you!
Step 1: Pull your hair up into a high ponytail. We recommend to brush it before to make it easier for you to make the braids later on.
Step 2: Place the sock bun in your hair, just like we show in the picture.
Step 3: Split the ponytail into two sections. The lower section should be a little thicker than the higher one. Pin the higher section down at the top of your head to make it easier to use the bottom section in the next step.
Step 4: Take small pieces and braid them. We made five braids, but it is completely up to you to do more/less!
Step 5: Without including the small braids, wrap the rest of the hair around the sock bun, securing it with a ponytail and bobby pins if necessary.
Step 6: The final step is to arrange the small braids around the bun, securing them with bobby pins.
In this tutorial we will explain how to make this fishtail braid which has a special twist.
Step 1: Pull your hair back into a ponytail. It doesn’t have to be a high ponytail; you can make it lower if you’d like.
Step 2-3: To make it a little interesting, we wrapped the ponytail with a strand of hair to make it look more sophisticated. You do this by taking a piece of hair from underneath the ponytail and twisting it around the ponytail. Once you have reached the tip of your hair, secure it with bobby pins all around.
Step 4: Now you fishtail the hair normally. You do this by splitting the hair into two equal sections, and bringing over a small piece from the right side and combining it with the left. Then you do the same with the left side bringing it over to the right, and so on.
Step 5: Now that you have your fishtail braid, it’s time to add in the tiny elastics. We chose clear ones to give the braid a simple look, but you can choose whichever elastic you would like! Also, you can decide how many elastics you would like to put in, depending on your hair length.
Step 6: Once the elastics are placed on the fishtail braid, you gently pull at the fishtail to give your hair more volume. This creates a fuller look.
We love this braid because it takes the regular fishtail braid and makes it look more interesting. It is great for hair with layers because the layers can be secured in the middle elastics. Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
2. Take a small piece from the bottom of the left section, and start braiding (in this tutorial we made an inverse braid, but French braid works as well).
3. Braid all the way around the left side of the head, gradually adding more and more pieces from the left section until you reach your part at the top of the head in a semi-circle. At that point, all of the hair from the left section should already be included in your braid.
4. Do the same thing on the right side, and complete the updo by using bobby pins to secure the crown braid.
In this tutorial we will teach you how to make the very simple Snake Braid.
If you know how to make a simple braid, then this should be very easy!
1. Part your hair the way you like it.
2. Take a piece of hair (not too big and not too small- about an inch thick for best results). Braid into a regular three-strand braid, preferably all the way to the bottom.
3. When you get to the end of the braid, combine two of the strands, holding them together so that you have 2 on one side and 1 on the other side (look at picture).
4. Holding the single strand tightly, slide the other 2 strands tightly all the way to the top of the braid. It’s okay if the braid seems a littl emessy at this point. You will be able to fix it after the next step.
5. Once the two strands are all the way at the top of the braid, gently spread them out to get a snake looking braid, and you’re done!
We’ve already given a tutorial for this braid, but this time we’re including pictures to show you each step!
We hope you enjoy this braid! XOXO
The person who you are braiding needs to put their head down so that all the hair is falling forward.
Take a small piece from the bottom of the neck (which will be the top of your braid). The whole time you will be braiding like a regular braid from top to bottom).
Begin braiding the classic French braid. Split the piece of hair you took into three pieces, and as you braid, add more and more pieces from the right and left sides of the hair. Make sure to make it tight for better results.
Continue braiding until you have reached the ear line in the back of the head. Once you reach that point, stop adding more piece of hair and add the rest of the hair as if you are making a high ponytail.
Use a ponytail to tie all the hair together into a high ponytail. Now you can choose to either leave it down in a ponytail or wear it in a bun so the braid is visible!
Everyone submitted such incredible entries to our braid contest that we just couldn’t narrow it down to only one winner! So congratulations to our THIRD winner @mybraids!!! Everyone better check out this incredible account– all braids made by Samantha. This braid may be very difficult to do, but when you master it, it truly will look incredible. Just look at this picture! Such a fantastic braid! So congratulations @mybraids on being the 3rd winner to our braid contest!!
1. Take a piece of hair and divide it into 4 equal sections.
2. Take the left most strand and weave it over the second strand, and under the third strand.
3. Then, take the right most strand and weave it under the third strand and over the second strand.
4. Continue steps 2 and 3, without pulling the strands tight (keep the braid LOOSE).
5. Hold on to the 3rd strand with one hand, and with your other hand, push the loose braid upwards to create a “bundle” at the top of the braid.
6. Spread the “bundle” down and out to your liking, and pin the braid in place.